Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning to take baby Archie to visit the Queen during her summer vacation — his first time back in Britain since Megxit, it was claimed Sunday.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly left Queen Elizabeth II “very sad” when they refused to bring her great-grandson back from Canada for their last stint of royal duties this month.
But they have now accepted the 93-year-old monarch’s invitation to bring him with them to visit her during her summer break in Balmoral, her Scottish retreat, the Sunday Times of London reported.
They had previously left her “disappointed” when they turned down the invitation to join her there last summer, the report says.
Archie, who turns one in May, would likely also get to spend time with Harry’s dad, heir to the throne Prince Charles, at his own Balmoral estate, Birkhall, the paper said.
But it is unclear if they would see Harry’s brother, Prince William, during his annual summer trip to Scotland, the paper noted.
A bitter feud between the pair has long rumored to be at the heart of the Sussexes desire to quit royal life — a tension seemingly apparent during their last formal engagement as royals at a Commonwealth Day service at London’s Westminster Abbey on Monday.
Archie has reportedly only met his cousins — William’s children George, Charlotte and Louis — only a handful of times at most, The Sunday Times said.
Archie has remained in Canada after mom Markle returned him there almost immediately after making Januaryu’s shocking announcement that they were quitting the royal family.
Source: Read Full Article