Judge denies Blac Chyna’s request for a redo after 11-hour testimony
Rob Kardashian: Blac Chyna beat me with metal rod, pulled gun during fight
Blac Chyna’s ex-attorney didn’t see her sign amended ‘Rob & Chyna’ contract
Corey Gamble testifies he saw Blac Chyna hit, whip Rob Kardashian
Blac Chyna’s lawyer accused the Kardashian-Jenner family of “gaslighting” the jurors as they each took the stand over the last week and a half.
In her closing argument, Lynne Ciani asked jurors to “use their common sense” and realize the defendants — Kris Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Kim Kardashian, and Khloé Kardashian — were “gaslighting” when they testified about the alleged details of the December 2016 attack against Chyna’s ex Rob Kardashian.
She argued that while the fight between Rob and Chyna did happen, it was not a “murderous attack” as Kris testified earlier this week. Ciani said Rob, 35, testified that there were no marks on his body and his claims that his life was threatened was not credible.
“Let’s forget that this is a famous family,” Ciani told jurors. “For a person to claim that his fiancée struck him with a metal pole … but there were no marks in his body … no phone calls to police, not even a band-aid … that person is not credible.”
Ciani also alleged evidence presented during the trial showed Kris’ messages to the “Rob & Chyna” showrunner defamed her client.
Ciani also pointed to an email Kylie sent to execs, which read she was so concerned about Rob’s safety that she was willing to film her own show so that the network could fill the space left by “Rob & Chyna.” She said it showed that Kylie not only defamed Chyna, 33, but also affected Chyna’s contract.
Chyna is suing the Kardashian-Jenners for $40 million for loss of earnings and more than $60 million in future earnings. She claims they used their power to cancel the second season of her reality show with Rob.
However, multiple producers testified over the course of the week that “there was no more ‘Rob and Chyna,’” and the show was never greenlit.
On Thursday, the judge denied Chyna’s request to retake the stand after her 11-hour testimony.
Ahead of closing arguments, Judge Gregory Alarcon reminded the jurors that each defendant should be given separate consideration for their alleged part in blocking a second season of “Rob & Chyna.”
Earlier in the week, the famous family filed a motion to have the case dismissed.
The lawyer for the Kardashians and Jenners is currently giving his closing statements.
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article