Braunwyn Windham-Burke breaks up with girlfriend Kris
Mary Fitzgerald dishes on working with Braunwyn Windham-Burke
Mary Fitzgerald’s newest client is Braunwyn Windham-Burke
‘Sober sisters’ Braunwyn Windham-Burke and Leah McSweeney hang out in Miami
Braunwyn Windham-Burke is thrilled that Colton Underwood finally felt comfortable enough to come out as gay.
The “Real Housewives of Orange County” star, 43, told fans that the “Bachelor” alum’s revelatory “Good Morning America” interview with Robin Roberts on Wednesday “warmed my heart.”
“This is so exciting,” she said in podcaster Kate Casey’s “Watch with Kate Casey” room on the invitation-only social media app Clubhouse. “I feel like people are becoming more comfortable in their own skin. It took me 42 years to come out. There was a lot of shame and self-hatred and, in my case, drinking to avoid it.”
The mom of seven revealed that she was an alcoholic at the conclusion of the “RHOC” Season 15 premiere in October and came out as a lesbian in an interview with GLAAD in December.
Windham-Burke remains married to her husband of over two decades, Sean Burke. He even expressed his support for her as she began to date her first girlfriend, a woman named Kris. However, news broke last week that Windham-Burke and Kris had broken up.
The reality star added in the Clubhouse room that she believed she would not have been cast on “RHOC” if she “were outwardly gay.”
Underwood, for his part, received support from the “Bachelor” team after his interview.
“We are so inspired by Colton Underwood’s courage to embrace and pursue his authentic self,” the show’s executive producers said in a statement. “As firm believers in the power of love, we celebrate Colton’s journey in the LGBTQIA+ community every step of the way.”
The former NFL star, 29, became a household name as he headlined “The Bachelor” in 2019 after competing on Becca Kufrin’s “Bachelorette” season and then “Bachelor in Paradise.”
While it is unclear whether Bravo fans will continue to see Windham-Burke’s journey — “RHOC” has not started filming for Season 16 yet — Bachelor Nation will see more of Underwood’s coming-out story via Netflix.
Page Six exclusively reported that he is working on a docuseries for the streaming service and “began filming prior to going on ‘Good Morning America.’”
He previously tried to shop around a reality show about his life with ex-girlfriend Cassie Randolph, who he met on his season of the ABC series.
Underwood apologized for his behavior towards her at the end of their relationship during his “GMA” appearance.
“I would like to say sorry for how things ended,” he said. “I messed up. I made a lot of bad choices.”
With additional reporting by Francesca Bacardi
Share this article:
Source: Read Full Article