Charles would approve! How Kate’s £5,000 Coronation wardrobe featured recycled pieces, British designers, and high street buys for the biggest week in the royal calendar
- Kate Middleton, 41, opted for a number of glamorous outfits over the last week
- READ MORE: For all the latest Royal news, pictures and video click here
It may have been one of the biggest weeks of her life – but Kate Middleton proved her style is as down to earth as ever during the Coronation celebrations.
For rather than splashing out on expensive jewellery and multiple new designer outfits, the Princess of Wales, 41, opted to recycle a number of pieces she already had in her wardrobe for the high profile event this week.
The mother-of-three is known for her love of the high street and often chooses to rewear garments from previous engagements for royal events.
And this week was no different, with Kate opting to wear just £5,000 worth of new clothing.
Meanwhile her red, white and blue outfits appeared to be a subtle nod to the Union flag.
It may have been one of the biggest weeks of her life – but Kate Middleton, 41, proved her style is as down to earth as ever during the Coronation celebrations
Rather than splashing out on expensive jewellery and multiple new designer outfits, the Princess of Wales opted to recycle a number of pieces she already had in her wardrobe for the high profile event this week
Literal dressing involves turning up at an event and taking the theme of the occasion very literally,
The mother-of-three is known for her love of literal dressing, and regularly gives a nod to the event she is attending and countries she is visiting with her clothing.
She often chooses to wear colours which reflect the flag of the area she is visiting.
And over the past week, she has stepped out in a very specific, and patriotic, colour palette of red, white and blue.
While her Coronation gown was crafted by her favourite designer brand Alexander McQueen, Kate donned a number of high street labels for the celebration.
She wore a new vibrant blue dress from royal favourite Self Portrait for the Coronation reception.
Meanwhile she also opted for a custom Jenny Packham gown for a walkabout in Windsor.
However the majority of her outfits were crafted around pieces she already had within her wardrobe.
Meanwhile the new garments she did wear were from trusted British designers like Jenny Packham (left) and high street favourite Reiss (right)
For her day out of volunteering with her children, she wore a blue blouse from Really Wild which she paired with her G-STAR RAW Kafey Cargo Ultra-High Skinny Jeans and Chelsea boots, both of which she has worn before
She rewore her custom Eponine London coat with her Suzannah Flippy Wiggle dress to visit a pub in Soho to kick off celebrations on Friday.
And she opted to wear a scarlet Alexander McQueen suit for the Coronation concert on Sunday evening.
The King is understood to cover the costs of Kate’s wardrobes for ‘work-related’ engagements through his official household budget, but it is not clear whether the Princess always pays full price for outfits or receives discounts.
Below FEMAIL reveals the new purchases Kate has been sporting on official engagements, only taking into account the value of items that haven’t been seen before in public.
Where outfits have been custom-made for the Duchess of Cambridge, the price has been estimated.
Kate’s Coronation week wardrobe
MAY 4: Coronation Pub Visit
The Princess of Wales travels on London Underground’s Elizabeth Line in central London, on their way to visit the Dog & Duck pub in Soho to hear how it’s preparing for the coronation of King Charles III and the Queen
- Bespoke Eponine London coat – worn before
- Suzannah Flippy Wiggle dress – worn before
- Mulberry Amberley bag – worn before
- Jimmy Choo Romy 85 heels – worn before
- Maria Black Cha Cha Earrings – worn before
MAY 5 – Pre-Coronation Lunch and Walkabout
The Princess of Wales on a walkabout outside Buckingham Palace, London, to meet wellwishers ahead of the coronation
- Custom Jenny Packham dress – estimated £3,000
- Aquazzura pumps – £550
- Black Prada clutch – worn before
- Bahrain Pearl and Diamond Drop earrings – worn before
Princess speaks with US First Lady Jill Biden and her grand daughter Finnegan Biden during a reception for overseas guests attending the coronation
- Self-Portrait Stretch Crepe Twisted Collar Midi Dress – £360
- Jenny Packham’ Casa’ clutch – worn before
- Aquazzura Love Link Sling Heels – worn before
- Queen Mother’s Sapphire and Diamond Earrings – worn before
MAY 6: Coronation
Prince William and Kate arrive for the Coronation of King Charles III in London alongside their children Prince Louis and Princess Charlotte
- Alexander McQueen dress – price unknown
- Alexander McQueen headpiece – price unknown
- Gianvito 105 in white satin – £700
MAY 7: Coronation Big Lunch
Princess Of Wales attends The Big Lunch Coronation celebrations on The Long Walk, Windsor
- Reiss Hollie Double-Breasted Linen Blazer – £300
- Frieda Cigarette style by LK Bennett – worn before
- Veja Esplar Sneakers – worn before
- Annoushka Baroque Pearl Drops – worn before
Coronation Concert at Windsor Castle
Princess of Wales in the Royal Box at the Coronation Concert in the grounds of Windsor Castle
- Van Cleef and Arpels Magic Alhambra Necklace with Six Motifs – worn before
- Alexander McQueen suit – worn before
MAY 8: Big Help Out
Princess take part in the Big Help Out, during a visit to the 3rd Upton Scouts Hut in Slough
- Really wild blouse – £129
- G-STAR RAW Kafey Cargo Ultra-High Skinny Jeans – worn before
- Blundstone Classic Chelsea Boots – worn before
- Daniella Draper Mini Cupid Hoop Earrings – worn before
MAY 9: Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Princess of Wales attends King Charles III’s Coronation Garden Party at Buckingham Palace on May 9
- Elie Saab separates – worn before
- Philip Treacy hat – worn before
- Elie Saab Abat-Jour Metallic and Leather Clutch – worn before
- Gianvito Rossi 105 Pumps – worn before
- Kiki McDonough ‘Lola’ Blue Topaz and Diamond Hoops – worn before
Source: Read Full Article