Buckingham Palace has denied claims that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex delayed the first photo call with Archie to benefit American TV networks.
After enjoying two days of privacy at Frogmore Cottage following the birth of Archie on Monday morning, the couple revealed him to the media on Wednesday afternoon.
The new parents decided for a limited number of press to be in Windsor Castle for the photocall and video – with an interview performed by the Press Association.
But one of the broadcasters was CBS which is said to have made parts of the British press 'furious'.
CBS's flagship morning show This Morning is hosted by Gayle King who is a best friend of Meghan and even attended her baby shower in New York.
There have been claims the inclusion of CBS was to 'reflect the international interest in the story' of Baby Sussex.
An industry-wide embargo on the footage was lifted at 12.40pm on Wednesday – which would have been 7.40am in New York.
But the idea the photocall was timed for US TV has been denied.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: “The birth of The Duke and Duchess’ son was publicly announced on Monday, and The Duke was pleased to speak to the media on the same day.
"Their Royal Highnesses were delighted to introduce their new son to the world on Wednesday; scheduled around introducing him to his great-grandparents for the first time.
"The Duke and Duchess took the personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.”
In a statement to The Sun the palace said: "The photo call at 1200, with embargo of 1240, was timed to fit around the timing of the Sussex’s visit to Windsor Castle to introduce their son to his great grandparents."
The Daily Mail claims that British broadcasters were furious with the choice of CBS – and that there are concerns the decision will be seen as a 'slap in the face' to Commonwealth broadcasters, particularly in countries such as Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
The paper quoted a source who said: "It’s a decision that has taken everyone by surprise and has not gone down well in some quarters."
Last month Harry and Meghan's office announced they would be keeping details of the birth private.
There were no photos of the Duchess of Sussex just hours after the birth, as there was of Kate Middleton with all three of her children.
Source: Read Full Article