If you have a fussy child then you may know how difficult it can be to get them to eat their vegetables.
Most of us make do by hiding carrots in spaghetti sauce or mushing cauliflower into mash.
But, it can take a lot of effort to get a large variety of veggies into a picky eater’s diet – and variety is important due to the different vitamins they need to grow.
Luckily, one mum has explained that she’s able to stuff eight different types of veg into her sausage roll recipe.
And, who doesn’t love sausage rolls?!
The home cook manages to sneak onion, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, spinach, sweet potato, courgette and pumpkin into her mix.
And, she claims her children never notice!
What a win.
The recipe makes 30 mini rolls, but they can be frozen and reheated whenever you need a yummy lunch, reports the Metro.
You’ll need the following ingredients: 1kg sausage mince, 500g defrosted bag cauliflower, broccoli and carrot, two onions, spinach, one small sweet potato (cooked), one small courgette, a cup of pumpkin (cooked), one egg, breadcrumbs from two slices of bread, eight sheets of puff pastry, seasoning to taste.
And, follow this method to make them:
- To make the sausage rolls, blend the veg up into a paste before adding sausage meat, an egg and breadcrumbs.
- Mix up the lot to create the roll’s filling – we would add rosemary, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder too.
- You can use homemade or shop bought puff pastry and just pipe the paste onto the pastry – in two lines – and slice the pastry into rectangles.
- The mum used eight pastry sheets, but you can make as much as you want.
- Fold the dough over on itself over the meat.
- Then press the edges down with a fork.
- Prick a hole into the top of each roll.
- Plus, if you want your sausage roll to be shiny then beat an egg in a cup and brush it lightly over the top of the rolls.
- Cook them in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Serve with whatever sauce you like and enjoy knowing your children are sneakily getting some of their five a day.
Previously, we explained how you can make the perfect poached egg every morning.
Plus, a restaurant has challenged people to eat an enormous 1kg pizza in just 15 minutes to win.
Meanwhile, a mum was fuming after she was kicked out of a restaurant for feeding her son a ham sandwich.
Source: Read Full Article