Anthony Joshua appears to ACCEPT Tyson Fury's challenge

‘I’ll be ready in December’: Anthony Joshua ACCEPTS Tyson Fury’s challenge for a huge ‘Battle of Britain’ heavyweight showdown later this year… but tells the Gypsy King to make the first move in negotiations

  • Anthony Joshua has told Tyson Fury that he will be ‘ready in December’
  • Joshua responded after Fury discussed the potential Battle of Britain clash
  • After Fury’s statement Joshua told the Gypsy King to make the first move 

Anthony Joshua has picked up the gauntlet thrown down by Tyson Fury and agreed to meet the Gypsy King in one of the biggest domestic heavyweight fights in modern British boxing history.

Fury challenged Joshua to a December fight as soon as Oleksandr Usyk insisted on taking a family break until February at the earliest after beating AJ in last month’s rematch in Saudi Arabia.

Fury, reluctant to wait until next year for Usyk to fight him for the cherished undisputed world heavyweight crown while already back in training, called out Joshua for the clash for which home fans have been waiting for years.

Anthony Joshua appeared to accept Tyson Fury’s challenge of a Battle of Britain fight

Joshua responded after Fury called him out on social media about the potential fight

Joshua, seeking a way back from consecutive losses to Usyk, has vowed to jump at the chance of instant redemption.

Earlier on Monday night, Fury tweeted Joshua: ‘Yo @anthonyjoshua what you saying big G let’s give the fanz what they want as Usyk is b****ing??? I got the date and venue who will rule Britannia?’

Hours later Joshua replied: ‘Yea calm. I don’t do the online discussions just for clout, so if your really about it shout @258mgt. I’ll be ready in December. Khalas’.

Unless the rich Middle East nations come up with another megabucks offer the only feasible venue for a midwinter blockbuster is Cardiff’s Principality Stadium with its retractable roof.

Fury is on the lookout for a new opponent after Oleksandr Usyk said he won’t fight this year

Fury recently said he will be back fighting again ‘very soon’ as he looks to defend his WBC belt

Usyk, the WBA, IBF And WBO champion, has already positioned himself to fight for the WBC belt held by Fury be expressing willingness to Tyson or Joshua in the New Year to find the first undisputed champion since Lennox Lewis two decades ago.

Fury, who says ‘I can beat both these bums in or nigh’ has U-turned on his retirement when given the prospect of two more multi million pound fights.

Not that the negotiations will be easy. 

Fury will insist on being the A-side given that he is the WBC champion and Joshua now has no belts with which to bargain.

Unless bitter rival promoters Frank Warren, for Fury, and Eddie Hearn, for Joshua, can find a compromise for pay-TV rights between BT, Sky and DAZN this long awaited May yet be delayed even longer.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article