INTER MILAN boss Antonio Conte is reportedly set to depart the San Siro within the next 48 hours following a huge row with the club's president Steven Zhang.
The 51-year-old's possible shock departure comes after he guided the Nerazzurri to their first Serie A title since 2010 after finishing 12 points clear.
The ex-Chelsea gaffer hinted earlier this month he is unsure of what the future holds, despite having a year left on his contract.
Inter are known to be in serious financial trouble, with La Gazzetta dello Sport claiming their Chinese owners Suning and Zhang are demanding the club to raise money.
It has been stated that as well as Inter needing to cut the wage bill by 20 per cent, they need to raise a whopping £86.5million in player sales.
Former Juve manager Conte – who has recently been involved in a training ground boxing bout with Romelu Lukaku – is said to have been furious after being informed of the decision.
He is claimed to have expressed bitterness towards Inter's new direction in the meeting and is now seeking to quit the club.
Conte will reportedly meet with Zhang imminently to discuss his termination, which could cost the club around £5.2m.
The 1996 Champions League winner is of the belief that Inter need to continue spending in order to carry on being successful.
Should Conte leave, Inter will look to appoint former Old Lady boss Massimiliano Allegri, who has been without a job since stepping down in Turin in 2019.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
WIN £50,000!Play Dream Team Euros – our FREE fantasy football game
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
Speaking after Sunday's 5-1 victory against Udinese, Conte arrogantly dedicated Inter's Scudetto success to himself.
He said: "I dedicate it [the Scudetto] to myself. Because I know that in any case it has not been an easy path in these two years.
"I really had to get everything out of myself. There have also been times when I have doubted things and doubted myself.
"But we have been strong enough to go beyond everything. We have all been good, even me.
"I think it was the right end to an extraordinary year. Even today we played a beautiful game, we didn't leave anything behind.
"We have collected 91 points, scored more than 90 goals. The best defence, the second-best attack, it means having done something beautiful and important."
Source: Read Full Article