THIS summer's Euros is underway with 24 teams battling against each other to earn the right to be European champions.
All 24 teams have been divided into six groups of four, and each team will play three group games.
WIN £50,000! Play Dream Team Euros – our FREE fantasy football game
The top two teams go straight through to the knockout stages of the competition.
But they will also be joined by four of the best 3rd placed teams.
Portugal back in 2016, finished 3rd in their group behind both Hungary and Iceland, but qualified for the knockout stages and even went on to win the competition!
But are the group stages sorted by goal difference or head-to-head? Well, we've got you covered.
Are Euro 2020 groups sorted by goal difference or head-to-head?
If two or more teams finish level on points after having played all three group stage games, head-to-head record will decide which team finishes higher.
This means that if three teams finish level on points, their position in the group will be decided exclusively on results against each other, with games against the fourth team being almost irrelevant.
- 🏆WIN £50,000! Dream Team Euros – FREE fantasy football game
- ⚽️Euro squads: All of the players picked so far
- 🏴Euro 2020 betting special: England 35/1 to beat Croatia
- ⚽️Fixtures: When to watch all your Euro 2020 matches
- 🏴Betting special: Get England at 20/1 to wear home kit vs Croatia
- ⚽️Build-up LIVE: Latest news and updates from around the teams
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE!
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
Goal difference will only come into play if teams can't be separated by their head-to-head record.
The head-to-head system is used to sort teams level on points across all Uefa competitions.
This is in contrast to the World Cup, and all Fifa competitions, in which goal difference sorts teams level on points.
Source: Read Full Article