GALAL YAFAI goes for gold in the men's flyweight boxing final against Carlo Paalam.
The Commonwealth champion from 2018 is looking to win the biggest title of his amateur career with Games gold in Tokyo.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
Yafai, 28, reached the last 16 of the Rio Olympics boxing tournament five years ago.
But he has developed in that time, clinching the gold medal at the Gold Coast Commonwealths three years ago and building on that experience to make it to Tokyo.
When does Galal Yafai face Carlo Paalam and what time is the bout?
- The Tokyo Olympic men's flyweight gold medal bout takes place on Saturday August 7.
- The bout starts at 6am UK time, which is 2pm in Tokyo.
- The fight will last three rounds, each lasting three minutes
Is the bout on TV and can I live stream it?
- The gold medal match will be live on BBC One with the BBC breakfast team and is also on Eurosport.
- You can live stream the bout on BBC iPlayer.
- You can also stream the entire Olympics on Discovery+
- Stay up to date with every punch from the final in our live Tokyo Olympics blog
What is Galal Yafai's record at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- Round of 32: Beat Koryun Soghomonyan (Armenia) – stoppage
- Round of 16: Beat Patrick Chinyemba (Zambia) – points
- Quarter finals: Beat Yosbany Veitia (Cuba) – points
- Semi finals: Beat Saken Bibossinov (Kazakhstan) – points
🥇 TOKYO OLYMPICS LIVE: All the latest from the Games with our live blog
🥇 WHAT'S ON TODAY? Best bits to watch at the Olympics and UK times for your favourite stars
What has he said?
The Brit said: “It’s Olympic gold man – and Olympic gold is crazy.
“Being in an Olympic final is something I never thought I could do – and now I’m in it.”
Source: Read Full Article