The 145th running of the Preakness Stakes will take place Saturday from Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. Typically the middle leg of horse racing's Triple Crown, the Preakness will serve as the third and final race in this year's version.
Tiz the Law, winner of the Belmont Stakes and the heavy favorite at last month's Kentucky Derby, won't run in the Preakness after coming up short in the Run for the Roses.
Authentic, trained by Bob Baffert, is the morning-line favorite after winning the Derby. Art Collector, who scratched just days prior to last month's race at Churchill Downs, is the second pick.
The filly Swiss Skydiver and another Baffert horse, Thousand Words, both open at 6-1.
Preakness Stakes post time
Post time for the race is scheduled for 5:45 p.m. ET.
TV and streaming info
Coverage from Pimlico will begin at 4:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
Jockey John Velazquez riding Authentic, wins the 146th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs, Saturday, Sept. 5, 2020, in Louisville, Ky. (AP Photo/Jeff Roberson) (Photo: The Associated Press)
Odds for the field
Post position, horse, trainer, jockey, morning-line odds
1. Excession, Steve Asmussen, Sheldon Russell, 30-1
2. Mr. Big News, Bret Calhoun, Gabriel Saez, 12-1
3. Art Collector, Thomas Drury, Brian J. Hernandez, 5-2
4. Swiss Skydiver, Ken McPeek, Robby Albarado, 6-1
5. Thousand Words, Bob Baffert, Florent Geroux, 6-1
6. Jesus' Team, Jose Francisco D’Angelo, Jevian Toledo, 30-1
7. Ny Traffic, Saffie Joseph, Horacio Karamanos, 15-1
8. Max Player, Steve Asmusses, Paco Lopez, 15-1
9. Authentic, Bob Baffert John Velazquez, 9-5
10. Pneumatic, Steve Asmussen, Joe Bravo, 20-1
11. Liveyourbeastlife, Jorge Abreu, Trevor McCarthy, 30-1
Source: Read Full Article