WWE boss Vince McMahon has reportedly sent out an email threatening to fine, suspend and fire wrestlers over third-party platforms.
The billionaire allegedly reminded his roster that they only have until today to end their agreements with the likes of Twitch and Cameo.
And Wresting Inc states it said superstars that fail to comply with the new rules will face disciplinary action.
WWE’s stars were first informed by the chairman of the changes in an email last month.
The likes of AJ Styles and rest of those on SmackDown and Monday Night Raw can still use YouTube and other platforms as long as they use their real names and not their WWE aliases.
But they must still tell McMahon’s officials about their accounts and channels.
This latest report also states WWE will take control of the Twitch accounts of performers in a month’s time.
Even though the promotion will have ownership of their profiles, WWE superstars involved will still receive a share of the revenue, which counts against their downside guarantees.
Wrestling Inc also stated the new changes have been met with a hugely negative response among both wrestlers and other parties.
Even Democratic politician Andrew Yang has waded in on the third-party issue, claiming McMahon ‘exploits’ his stars.
He said: “A lot of it is that wrestlers are afraid to speak out, and I’ve had wrestlers past and present reach out to me and say that Vince has been getting away with the exploitation of wrestlers calling them independent contractors while controlling their activities for years and years.
“A lot of it is just that they are a quasi-monopoly, and wrestlers fear that if they do try and unionise or organise in any way that Vince doesn’t like, that it will never work again.”
Fightful Select recently claimed the reason for the decision is due to wrestlers leaking sensitive information during livestreams.
It will also give WWE officials more control over the outside activities of employees and prevent them from exposing information in public.
Source: Read Full Article