1. Iain is back in his usual job as a paramedic for the first time since his suicide attempt. Ruby (Maddy Hill) is nervous around him and Jan (Di Botcher) is trying to protect him from difficult situations as it’s his first day. It’s all well-meant but it makes things harder for Iain.
2. Elle has had a job offer – but Connie (Amanda Mealing) doesn’t seem all that interested.
3. After missing his interview for the consultant’s post, it seems that it won’t be long before Will leaves the ED. Robyn (Amanda Henderson) tries to persuade him to tell Connie the reason why he missed the interview – but he’s reluctant to tell her that he was organising a prom on the ward for a dying boy. Will Connie realise that Will is worth another chance?
4. When Iain is the only person who seems able to get through to an anxious boy, he ends up going solo when a sudden emergency arises. Can he handle the pressure?
5. Duffy decides she wants to be entirely open about her dementia and asks Charlie (Derek Thompson) to put her back on normal duties and not make allowances for her. But when the father of her first patient finds out that Duffy has the condition, Charlie feels the need to get involved and defend Duffy’s capabilities as a nurse. Duffy reacts angrily, but when the patient takes a turn for the worse could Duffy have made a serious mistake?
6. Iain wants his colleagues to treat him as normal but Jan thinks he hasn’t realised the impact of his suicide attempt on the entire team – particularly Ruby.
7. David (Jason Durr) offers Duffy some wise words of muffin-related advice and she and Charlie open up to each other about their feelings. Could there be a way back for Chuffy?
Sue Haasler is the author of the official Holby City book, which you can read about here. Her latest novel, Half A World Away, is out now.
The Soaps Newsletter
Includes exclusive content, spoilers and interviews before they're seen on the site. Find out more »
Source: Read Full Article