ITV bosses have sparked fury after shutting down an I'm A Celeb family attraction – less than a week before the hit series returns to screens.
TV chiefs shuttered the "jungle challenge" attraction in Manchester after only a year because it had become "financially unviable".
The short-lived attraction gave fans of the show the chance to swing from the trees and take on bush tucker trials.
Styled by ITV bosses as “the ultimate jungle encounter”, the challenge promised to take celeb wannabes “into the heart of the jungle” to complete indoor challenges.
The venue opened its doors just last year before the blockbuster show spent its second year at a castle in Wales amid Covid restrictions.
Adults using the attraction were charged £30 per session, while children aged eight to 17 cost £27.50 a pop.
Read More I’m A Celeb News
Hancock’s huge I’m A Celeb pay cheque revealed & it’s one of the largest ever
Every I’m A Celeb winner from Jacquline Jossa to Harry Redknapp
But bosses decided it was time to close up shop, disappointing fans hoping to get a taste of the jungle before the show returns next week.
The attraction's demise comes after it was revealed yesterday that former Health Secretary Matt Hancock has landed a £400,000 paycheck to appear on the show.
The news has angered some fans after the politician is set to receive one of the largest fees ever.
Mr Hancock will be joined in the Australian outback by reality star Olivia Attwood and Boy George, who is said to be netting a £500,000 payday.
The show will also see first ever royal appearance, as King Charles' niece Zara Phillips will watch her rugby star hubby Mike Tindall tackle the bucktucker trials.
Most read in I’m A Celebrity
I'm A Celeb's highest paid stars ever as Hancock banks £400k
Terrifying IAC fan-favourite trial set to return as Matt Hancock’s pay revealed
Hancock’s huge I’m A Celeb pay cheque revealed & it's one of the largest ever
Forget Hancock, my ballsy pal Boy George must win I'm A Celeb – here's why
But before the hit reality show kicks off, fans have been left outraged after the news of the 2,500 sq ft Manchester venue's closure.
Designed to look just like the Australian camp that celebrities spend three weeks completing challenges and eating critters in, the attraction had an eight-metre rock for abseiling, a range of make-shift tree tops for scaling, scramble nets, balance beams and a zipline.
Visitors would collect stars throughout the challenge just like stars on the show who compete to win food for their fellow celebrities, and it even featured a lookalike of the show’s famous winning throne.
Ant McPartlin previously said about it: “It was so much fun and I can confirm the throne is the perfect place to rest up when you finish.”
But the announcement of its closure has angered Brits hoping to book their own jungle experience.
One disappointed fan commented on the post: "That’s the boys Xmas present ruined."
"Absolutely fuming, booked a restaurant and hotel to coincide with attending – they should honour bookings at least until the end of the year", said another.
A third said: "Absolutely gutted – we were meant tobe going on Saturday".
An ITV spokesperson said: "ITV have made the decision to close the IAC Jungle Challenge Attraction as it has become financially unviable going forward.
"We'd like to express our thanks to the staff at our operator Continuum for their work during the time it has been open.
"Where practical we will seek to redeploy team members across our other attractions operated by Continuum."
Read More on The Sun
Celebrations makes major change to tubs – and it will divide all chocolate fans
Proud Mum shows off epic Christmas gift haul with bargains from B&M & Tesco
The MediaCity venue posted on its social media pages that those who had already booked their spot at the attraction will be fully refunded.
The attraction turned off commenting on its Facebook post to prevent any outrage from disappointed customers.
Source: Read Full Article