NETFLIX have released more first look images from The Witcher Season 2, which feature Anya Chalotra as Yennefer.
The British actress, 24, who stars in the show alongside Henry Cavill, 37, does not look in a good way in the snaps.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
It seems tough times are ahead for Yennefer, as she is shown with matted hair and a scab on her right cheek while sitting in what appears to be a prison.
The mage looks frightened, with her eyebrows pressed into a concerned frown while ominous red light illuminates the background of the gloomy chamber.
The second image is a snap of Yennefer's left hand clasped in a chain, which her right hand appears to be urgently pulling at to break free.
Season one of the hit show ended with Geralt, played by Henry, convinced that Yennefer’s life was lost at the Battle of Sodden.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
And with Geralt now away and Yennefer still very much alive, it appears the mage's life is in danger unless she can escape her imprisonment.
The Witcher is based Andrzej Sapkowksi’s incredibly popular fantasy novels and short stories.
The eight-episode first series adaptation told the story of Geralt – a mutated monster hunter – who struggled to find his place in a world in which people are more wicked than beasts.
It also delved into the stories of Princess Ciri and Yennefer of Vengerberg, demonstrating how destiny brings these three characters together.
The Witcher showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich has dropped huge hints about what fans can expect from the protagonist in season two.
Speaking to TV Guide, she said: “Well, what's really fun about Season 2 is that in the books, [after] Geralt and Ciri meet in that moment in Sodden.
"when we come back in the next book, we've actually skipped a lot of time.
"We found in writing the show that we didn't actually want to skip over those first months of them getting to know each other.
"That's part of the fun, is to take these characters, as you say, who understand that they're each other's destiny – not really embracing it, but accepting that this is what they need to do to continue walking through The Continent.”
She added: "And you know, Geralt, of course, has no experience with parenting, with children, with having a sort of continuous relationship in his life.
“He's a vagabond of sorts. He's a traveller. He purposely doesn't establish long relationships and now he has one that's going to be with him for a very long time."
Source: Read Full Article