NETFLIX'S Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? has left fans 'frustrated as hell' with the 'f***ed, witch-hunt' murder trial.
The new four-part, Spanish-language docu-series explores the 2002 murder of Argentinian sociologist María Marta García Belsunce.
- The best series on Netflix
- The best movies on Netflix
- New on Netflix: What to watch this week
María, 50, was found unconscious in the bathtub of the home she shared with her husband of 31 years, Carlos, in 2002.
Carlos and police initially believed she had accidentally hit her head and drowned, and the official autopsy ruled her death as "non-traumatic cardiac arrest".
However, her family insisted on further investigation and it was discovered she had been shot several times.
Carlos was then arrested for her murder and is seen telling a judge in the documentary: "I am completely innocent, but I want to know who killed my wife."
Carlos' conviction was overturned after five years in prison and he takes part in the documentary, which has left viewers perplexed.
Taking to Twitter, one wrote: "Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta is frustrating as hell. If you enjoy telenovelas, you'll like it. If you enjoy true crime documentaries, you'll meh after episode 2."
Another added: "The Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta’ docuseries is great but the story is effed up."
A third tweeted: "Who has watched Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? I've met entitled elite and I absolutely understand how they'd try to "smooth over" a situation to avoid hassle, which doesn't mean they were involved in the murder. The prosecutor had a very witchfinder general feel about him."
A fellow viewer agreed, writing: "‘Carmel: who killed María Marta?’ All the signs point to the sketchy neighbor. I appreciate the prosecutors passion and get this case fell into his lap early on in his career. But he’s wrong. Watch it and make your own conclusions."
Others highlighted the way the court case was set up, with one viewer writing: "I'm watching "Carmel: who killed Maria Marta" and Argentine trials are mental. Let's have two witnesses sit in the middle, on very random looking chairs, and argue with each other."
Another tweeted: "Just finished watching Carmel Who killed Maria Marta …. Very strange set up…. Hard to tell who killed her… Her husband and family are definitely acting strange if you ask me… But the question is Why would they be involved in her killing ?!?"
Carmel: Who Killed Maria Marta? is available on Netflix
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Source: Read Full Article