Piers Morgan spotted for the first time since his Meghan Markle rant became Ofcom's most complained about moment

PIERS Morgan has been spotted for the first time since his Meghan Markle rant on Good Morning Britain became Ofcom's most complained about moment ever.

The former GMB host stepped out near his home in west London after his rant about the Duchess of Sussex and his ensuing row with weatherman Alex Beresford saw Ofcom receive 57,121 complaints in total.

Despite the furore over his departure, Piers looked nonplussed as he popped out for groceries – including a crusty baguette.

Now that he's unemployed – for the time being – Piers has ditched his usual smart suits in favour of a much more comfy ensemble.

The 55-year-old TV star wore a navy tracksuit over a matching poloshirt.

He finished off his off-duty look with a pair of trainers and a smart overcoat.



Piers talked intensely on the phone during his outing and stopped to check on his groceries.

Yesterday he brushed off the 57,121 Ofcom complaints sparked by his comments about Meghan Markle.

Last night, Piers retweeted The Sun's story that he'd racked up a record-breaking number of Ofcom complaints.

He wrote: "Only 57,000? I’ve had more people than that come up & congratulate me in the street for what I said.

"The vast majority of Britons are right behind me."

Meghan said she "didn't want to be alive" after heavy public scrutiny – one of many shocking moments in her Oprah interview.

But Piers fumed on air: "I don't believe a word she says, Meghan Markle. I wouldn't believe a weather report if she read it.

"The fact she has expressed an onslaught against our Royal Family is contemptible."

He later clashed with co-star Alex Beresford when the 40-year-old accused the host of "trashing" Meghan.

At that, Piers got out of his seat and stormed out of the studio saying: "Sorry, see you later, I can't do this."

Piers quit Good Morning Britain on the night of Tuesday 9 March rather than apologise for saying he did not believe Megan.

His departure last week came shortly after Ofcom said it had launched an investigation under its harm and offence rules, after receiving more than 41,000 complaints in two days.

An Ofcom spokesperson said: "We have launched an investigation into Monday's episode of Good Morning Britain under our harm and offence rules."

Less than an hour later, ITV announced Piers Morgan wouldn't be returning to the show.

ITV said in a statement: "Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

"ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

Source: Read Full Article