A further 376 deaths have been recorded in the UK, bringing the country’s overall total – as of Saturday – to 51,304.
The new figures, released by the Department of Health, revealed 27,301 cases have been recorded over the last 24 hours.
Meanwhile, five people who attended a ‘street party’ during lockdown later died from coronavirus, it has been claimed.
The large gathering took place after a funeral in Birmingham with crowds illegally coming together to celebrate the life of the person who died.
Birmingham council chiefs say this is just one of several examples of hundreds of people breaching lockdown rules in the city.
- R rate drops to as low as 1 but ‘deaths will keep rising’, scientists warn
- Shocking video shows dead ‘Covid patient’ slumped in hospital ward toilet in Italy
- Greggs to axe 820 jobs as pandemic sees sales plunge
- Virus denier fined £3,000 for refusing to shut salon during national lockdown
- UK records another 27,301 cases as 376 people die with virus
Source: Read Full Article