Disgraced Prince Andrew ‘is furious with Charles and William for blocking his public comeback at Order of the Garter ceremony’: Shamed duke ‘pulled out of Ascot because he was so angry with the future heirs’
- Prince Andrew is reportedly furious with his brother Charles and Prince William
- Heirs to the throne are reportedly pushing for Andrew to miss public events
- Sources claimed the Duke of York also missed Ascot because of the pair
Prince Andrew is furious with the heirs to the throne for preventing his return to public life at the Order of the Garter ceremony earlier this month, it has been claimed.
The Duke of York had reportedly intended to participate in the full service, presided over by his mother the Queen at Windsor castle, but was restricted from some parts of the Knights of the Garter ceremony after Princes Charles and William voiced their displeasure.
The disgraced Royal was then prevented from attending the festivities at Ascot this weekend and is said to be enraged at the meddling of The Queen’s heirs.
There are fears the friction between the trio could trigger a fallout among the Royal Family during their upcoming summer retreat at Balmoral.
‘Andrew is desperate to rebuild his life and wants his titles back,’ a source told The Sun.
‘But he is fuming with Charles and William for stopping his plans.’
The Queen decided to strip Andrew of his royal titles and right to use his HRH status amid the controversy brought about by his ties to convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and child sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell.
Prince Andrew is said to be furious with Princes William and Charles after they reportedly pushed for his exclusion from public Royal events amid his ties to convicted child sex traffickers Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge attend the Order Of The Garter Service at St George’s Chapel on June 13, 2022 in Windsor, England. Prince Andrew was excluded from some parts of the service
A source told the Evening Standard of William’s involvement in getting Andrew banned from public participation in the Order of the Garter service: ‘The Duke of Cambridge was adamant. If York insisted on taking part publicly, he would withdraw’. It would have also meant that his wife Kate would also not have attended (William and Kate are pictured with their kids earlier this month)
Buckingham Palace said that the Duke of York’s absence from the Windsor Castle procession and Order of the Garter service was a ‘family decision’, but it is believed it came about after the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge lobbied the Queen about his participation.
Andrew was still allowed to join the Queen at the formal investiture of new members of the Order of the Garter – including the Duchess of Cornwall and ex PM Tony Blair – and as well as the lunch afterwards.
It came amid reports that Andrew had been pushing for a return to royal duties but his older brother Prince Charles and nephew Prince William had asked the Queen not to give in to the disgraced royal.
Her Majesty apparently informed him to keep out of sight ‘for his own good’.
Andrew had expected to be accompanied at Ascot by the Queen, but she too skipped the final day of festivities yesterday – the first time in her reign she has ever missed the famous race.
The monarch was replaced in the Royal procession by the Duke of Kent, followed by Princess Beatrice, elder daughter of Prince Andrew, and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.
The Queen, a lifelong racing enthusiast, chose to watch at home in Windsor Castle, just a 15-minute drive from the Berkshire course.
But her absence failed to dampen the roaring atmosphere, as thousands of glamorous racegoers showcased their finery – among them Princess Anne’s son Peter Phillips and his partner, oil heiress Lindsay Wallace, a mother-of-two.
Beatrice’s outfit seemed to be inspired by the Duchess of Cambridge, who stunned the Ascot crowd on Friday in a polka-dot dress similar to the one worn by Princess Diana in 1988.
Rather than the scorching heat earlier in the week, yesterday’s procession took place under gunmetal skies and a brisk breeze that forced Beatrice, 33, to cover her lap in a blanket and other members in the procession to grip their hats.
Prince Andrew drives from his Windsor home to the castle for the private elements of the Order of the Garter ceremony after being banned from the public parts
The monarch was replaced in the Royal procession by the Duke of Kent, followed by Princess Beatrice. She stunned the Ascot crown in a polka-dot dress similar to one worn by Princess Diana in 1988
Lady Victoria Hervey during day five of Royal Ascot at Ascot Racecourse. Aside from members of the Royal Family, celebrities and sporting stars flocked to Ascot
The Royals were welcomed by a Guard of Honour of 70 children dressed in the Queen’s famous purple, red and gold racing silks.
Beatrice has been carrying out an increasing number of engagements after it was reported Andrew wanted his daughters to be given more duties.
Aside from members of the Royal Family, celebrities and sporting stars flocked to Ascot.
They included socialites Georgia Toffolo and Lady Victoria Hervey, who dazzled in all-white outfits. Ex-footballer Rio Ferdinand also attended for the first time. He said: ‘The atmosphere is crazy. I love it.’
In a note for the Royal Ascot 2022 programme, the Queen wrote: ‘I have been most grateful for the continued kindness shown to me by the racing community.’
Source: Read Full Article