Dying girl, 2, sobbed 'ow, mummy help me' after drinking toilet cleaner and throwing up 'bright pink vomit'

A DYING toddler sobbed "ow, mummy help me" after she drank toilet cleaner and threw up "bright pink vomit", a coroner's court heard today

Little Arietta-Grace Barnett, two, was playing with her four-year-old sister at her home in Sarisbury Green near Southampton on June 28 last year when she swallowed the poisonous household product.


The toddler was rushed to hospital, and was later discharged with potential gastroenteritis on July 2.

Sadly, 11 days later, Arietta suffered a nose bleed at home before vomiting blood and was taken back to the emergency unit at Southampton General Hospital, where she died.

Reading reports from the paramedics who attended the scene, Coroner Rosamund Rhodes-Kemp told Winchester Coroner's Court: “They received a call regarding a young child who had possibly ingested toilet freshener.

“They were told the child had managed to get into the family bathroom and ingested one disc of toilet freshener and vomited bright pink.“

Just 11 days after Arietta-Grace had returned home, her mum Lucy Barnett found her lying in bed with red blood around her mouth.

The toddler's parents Lucy and Scott both attended their daughter's inquest today.

After reading out the opening facts of the case, Coroner Rhodes-Kemp said: “Of particular note for me is on the first occasion the vomit was bright pink and I am going to try and explore this as we go through this.

“I am hoping someone is going to be able to help me in that the toilet cleaner was blue and the vomit was pink because I don’t understand it.”

The inquest, which is set to last two days, continues.


Source: Read Full Article