BBC Strictly Come Dancing's hosts Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman addressed Amanda Abbington's exit from the show as it kicked off on Saturday night.
Amanda, 51, who left the show earlier this week for personal reasons, was honoured by the Strictly team. As the show started, Tess and Claudia announced that Amanda wouldn't be returning to the show, before sending her their best wishes.
They said: "Now earlier this week Amanda Abbington withdrew from the competition. We are sending you all our love," and the audience clapped in support.
Earlier in the week, Amanda released a statement on Instagram explaining her decision to leave the show, which left fans puzzled as she didn't mention her dance partner Giovanni Pernice.
She did, however, praise the Strictly team for their support and wrote: "It is with deepest regret that I had to leave Strictly. I did not come to this decision easily or lightly but for personal reasons I am unable to continue."
"It was an absolute joy working with my fellow contestants, they are a beautiful, hardworking and talented group of people who I love and who I will miss seeing every Friday and Saturday and competing alongside.
"I want to thank the incredible Production team and everyone on Strictly who looked after me and who are so kind and caring. It's a wonderful bunch of people and I'll miss all of them."
Wrapping up her post, she penned: "I'm so sad that I am unable to go any further. Thank you to everyone who voted and who sent wonderful messages and inspiring support. You are all amazing. Truly. Thank you. xxx."
On the other hand, Giovanni shared a heartfelt tribute to Amanda expressing his sadness that they couldn't continue on the show.
He wrote on Instagram: "Amanda .. I am so sad we can't continue but I am proud of what we achieved and I am sending you so much love @amanda_abbington74 @bbcstrictly," as fans rushed to send their love.
Rumours have been swirling about a feud between Amanda and Giovanni due to her struggle with his training style.
Earlier this week, Strictly bosses confirmed Amanda was quitting with a statement read out by Fleur East on It Takes Two.
Reading out the statement from the show, the TV host and former contestant said: "Amanda Abbington is unable to continue in Strictly Come Dancing and has decided to withdraw from the competition. The show wishes her all the best for the future."
* This article was crafted with the help of an AI engine, which speeds up OK!'s editorial research and applies it to article templates created by journalists in our newsrooms. An OK! editor reviewed this content before it was published. You can report any errors to [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article